Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sarah Hauser Exhibition May 1 - 31

"99¢ Store Miracles” New Works on Paper by Sarah Hauser
Manhattan Graphics Center 481 Washington Street between Canal and Spring Street New York, NY 10013 (212) 219-8783
Dates of Exhibition: May 1 - 31, 2007 Reception: Sat. May 5, 6-8pm Hours: Tues-Friday 10am-10pm Saturday and Sunday, 10am-6pm
As a child, I always loved the 5 and 10¢ stores and....
with each trip would wonder what little treasure I would find there. That fascination has continued through the years, and has evolved into my current series of works on paper, “99¢ Store Miracles”. The inspiration and “models” for these works are toys which I purchased at 99¢ stores. I set them up in ever-changing miniature landscapes in my studio. I work with a variety of media, constantly finding new ways to combine them. For this exhibition, I have been working with printmaking and drawing media in combination with gouache, inks and metallic paints. Best wishes Sarah Hauser

No comments:

Post a Comment